Friday, April 10, 2009
Big Love
Ok so completely against everything I believe, hopefully no offense to those out there that do. I started watching Big Love on HBO. At first I started watching it at the beginning of the 3rd season, completely and totally confused I went and got the first 2 seasons. Basically in a nutshell it's about this polygamist family and their daily lives living in Utah as well as added drama for good measure. At first I was very apprehensive about watching the show just because I wasn't sure if the way that lived their lives would be portrayed in a bad or good manner. Of course again, this goes against everything that I was brought up to believe in and which those beliefs I will instill in my daughter. But the show is addicting, I can't get enough. In the sense that I want to see what is going to happen next in their crazy little lives. I myself could not stand the thought of sharing or having a "schedule" of when I am with my husband. Finally some of the women on the show are acting like i would have thought, jealous and not wanting to share with the others. But as you watch the show it's not just the Husband being married to 3 women it's almost like it's a very large family and they are all married to each other, which is weird. I don't know I am still having a hard time with how they do it all and what they believe it but it's almost intriguing watching and trying to understand why they believe and do the things they do. Again it is just a TV show and I have the slightest clue if how they are doing things is the actual belief of that religion but the story line is just wanting me to watch more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment