Monday, March 16, 2009
St. Jude Radio-a-thon
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G that is all I have to say from this past 2 days from our radio-a-thon for St. Jude. We (kern county) raised over $141,000 in just 2 days. I truely believe this is something awesome that we were able to do something like this. As a mother myself those past two days were very trying to listen to and hear the experiences that these parents had with their children and St. Judes. Not every story had a happy ending but just knowing that there is someone (St. Jude) out there that is willing to do everything possible to try and help save your child's life is a good feeling. I hope and pray that I will never have to use St. Jude for my daughter but it's is somewhat comforting to know that there is something out there like that. It gives me chills that especially in this time that strangers are willing to open up their wallets to help with this great cause. It's a good feeling to know that there are still good people in this world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment